Working with a recruiter
The Recruiter's job:
To work with client companies and candidates bringing together the needs and talents of both to fill an open company position.
Use your Recruiter as:
- an expert advisor and resource.
- a member of your personal job search network.
Choose a Recruiter who:
- works with specialists.
- deals with the level and type of position you want.
- has a stellar reputation.
- passes a reference check.
- has the resources of a proven recruiting firm to support him / her.
Maintain a relationship with your Recruiter by:
- giving information updates.
- having periodic contact.
- expecting a give-and-take relationship.
Avoid Recruiters who:
- show unethical behavior.
- charge a fee for their service.
- release your resume without permission.
- have a personal chemistry that doesn't click with yours.
- are not experienced.
- are not affiliated with a proven search firm.
The following is a list of steps we take to ensure a timely and effective search:
- Develop an understanding of the job specifications that most accurately portray the scope of the position and it’s relation to the client’s objectives.
- Develop a strategy that targets potential sources of qualified candidates.
- Identify and assess candidates whose backgrounds and accomplishments are relevant to the open position.
- Evaluate and recommend finalists to the client.
- Arrange or assist in arranging candidate interviews and provide post interview debriefing.
- Assist in formalizing an offer of employment.
- Assist in candidate transition to new employer.
- Contact the client to review the placement monthly for the first 90 days of employment.